On Sunday, Jan. 28, Miami-Dade Transit will begin Metrorail and Metromover service early to make it easier and more convenient for runners and spectators to reach downtown for the 2024 Life Time Miami Marathon and Half.
Metrorail and Metromover will begin operating at 4 a.m. In addition, Metrorail garages and surface lots also will open at 4 a.m. and parking will be free all day.
On Sunday, trains will depart from terminal stations — Palmetto, Dadeland South, and Miami International Airport — at 4 a.m. Metrorail will provide regular Sunday service with the following frequency:
- Trains from Dadeland South Metrorail station will depart every 15 minutes starting at 4 a.m.
- Trains from Palmetto Metrorail station will depart at 4 a.m., 4:17 a.m., and then every 30 minutes
- Trains from Miami International Airport Metrorail station will depart at 4 a.m., 4:22 a.m., 4:46 a.m., and then every 30 minutes
Regular Sunday Metrorail service will resume at 5 a.m.
Parking at Metrorail Stations
- Metrorail parking garages and surface lots will open at 4 a.m.
- Runners and spectators who park at any of the Metrorail garages or surface lots will receive complimentary parking for the duration of the day on Sunday, Jan. 28
- Metrorail parking is available to Miami-Dade Transit customers only
Metromover will begin service at 4 a.m. on Sunday, Jan. 28. Metromover is free to ride
Paying your Fare
Riders can pay directly at all Metrorail fare gates and Metrobus fare boxes using their contactless-enabled bank cards or digital wallets. Accepted digital wallets include Apple Pay, Google Pay, Samsung Pay and Fitbit Pay. If using a contactless card or digital wallet, the fare will cap at $5.65 for unlimited rides per day, including transfers, on Metrorail and Metrobus. Additionally, Miami-Dade Transit riders can buy a mobile pass via our GO Miami-Dade Transit app. One-Way Mobile Passes will automatically be activated upon purchase.
The cost for a round trip (two trips) is $4.50.
Other ways to pay
EASY Cards or Tickets are available for purchase at all Metrorail stations via the ticket vending machines using cash or credit cards. Riders can also buy an EASY Card and pre-load it online at the Transit Store.
Plan your trip
Plan your trip on transit or track your bus or train in real time via the GO Miami-Dade Transit app.
Originally published at https://www.miamidade.gov/global/news-item.page?Mduid_news=news1485449670833220