This year, Thanksgiving takes place on Thursday, Nov. 23. Before celebrating Turkey Day with your loved ones, learn which County services will be affected, find events to celebrate the holiday and read some tips to ensure your Thanksgiving is celebrated safely.
- Keep kids engaged during the holiday break with Miami-Dade Parks fall camps
Fall camps are being offered across Miami-Dade County from Nov. 20 through Nov. 22 and include activities, such as sports, arts and crafts, nature encounters, nutrition education and more.
- 2023 Baptist Health Turkey Trot Miami 5K/10K & Kids Race
Before digging into your Thanksgiving feast, join fellow runners, joggers and walkers at 7 a.m. on Thursday, Nov. 23, at Tropical Park. Learn more about the event and sign up today as space is limited.
- Sip and Savor
Explore Fruit & Spice Park, indulge your palate with an authentic tropical sangria, and enjoy a picnic as you take in the tropical bounty of the gardens at Sip and Savor. The event is from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 24, at Fruit & Spice Park.
- Historic Holiday Décor: Holidays in Wonderland, A Lewis Carroll Story
Visitors can tour the historic houses of Deering Estate as they come alive with holiday accents and decorations that will transport visitors to the whimsical world of Lewis Carroll. The Historic Holiday Décor is displayed daily at 10 a.m. from Nov. 24 through Jan. 7, 2024 at Deering Estate.
- If you’re cooking at home, pouring oil down the drain can cause messy, costly sewage backups and system-wide clogged pipes. Remember to can the grease
- Check out some more cooking safety tips to make sure your Thanksgiving dinner goes off without a hitch
- Learn about the proper ways businesses should handle and dispose of fat, oil and grease
- The holidays shouldn’t be a pain. Learn more about general holiday safety tips to make sure you stay safe in all aspects of the holiday season
- One of the nation’s busiest and most dangerous times to drive is the holiday season between Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day. Check out some driving safety tips
- Stay safe while you shop for the holidays by implementing these shopping safety tips
- If you’re traveling during the holidays, learn how to better prepare for your adventure with these safety travel tips
- The holiday season can cause stress and burnout, affecting your mental health. Learn how to prevent the holiday blues
Originally published at https://www.miamidade.gov/global/news-item.page?Mduid_news=news1510679875350520